THE INFLUENCE OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT TOWARDS JOB SATISFACTION OF HOUSEKEEPING ATTENDANTS AT HOTEL TOPAS GALERIA BANDUNG

Retno Budi Wahyuni

Abstract


Abstract: Topas Galeria Hotel is a three star hotel and has a strategic location. It has still been developing in the hotel industries, competing with other hotels in Bandung. The successful of Topas Galeria Hotel will not be reached without having good human resources. An organization couldn’t run well if the employee doesn’t develop and the job satisfaction wouldn’t be reached. The management has already had various programs and activities related to the career development. One of the objectives of the programs is to increase the level of employees’ job satisfaction. This research is a qualitative survey approach used to determine the influence of the career development towards the job satisfaction with sample of 17 respondents. Data collection techniques used are observation, interviews and questionnaires. The data analysis uses the Spearman Rank Method. The result is found that the influence between them is equals to 55% and the remaining 45% comes from other factors beyond career development. Career planning has bigger influence than career management, however the condition of career planning is still poor and career management is already at fair condition. House keepings’ attendants have to be more active to share and express their ideas and opinion. So that the programs and activities prepared by the Human Resources management will run smoothly.

Keywords : human resources, career development, job satisfaction.

 

 

Abstrak: Hotel Topas Galeria adalah hotel berbintang tiga yang memiliki lokasi strategis. Hotel ini masih sedang berkembang di dalam industri perhotelan, bersaing dengan hotel-hotel lain di Bandung. Kesuksesan hotel ini tidak akan tergapai tanpa adanya sumber daya yang bagus. Sebuah organisasi tidak akan berjalan dengan baik kalau stafnya tidak berkembang dan pada akhirnya kepuasan kerja tidak akan tercapai.  Manajemen telah memiliki beberapa program dan kegiatan yang berhubungan dengan pengembangan karir. Salah satu tujuannya adalah menaikkan kepuasan kerja karyawan. Penelitian ini menggunakan pendekatan kualitatif yang bertujuan untuk menentukan pengaruh pengembangan karir terhadap kepuasan kerja karyawan, khususnya di house keeping. Pengumpulan data menggunakan cara observasi, wawancara dan kuesioner. Analisis data menggunakan metode Spearman. Dari hasil penelitian ditemukan bahwa pengaruh di antara mereka adalah sama dengan 55% dan sisanya 45% datang dari faktor di luar pengembangan karir. Perencanaan pengembangan memiliki pengaruh yang terbesar, namun kondisi perencanaannya sendiri tidak bagus sedangkan manajemen karir adalah cukup.

Kata kunci: sumber daya, pengembangan karir, kepuasan kerja.


Full Text:

PDF

References


Bagyono. (2008). Teori Praktek Hotel Front Office. Bandung: Alfabeta

Gaol, CHR., & Jimmy L. (2014). Human Capital. Jakarta: Grasindo.

Hariandja, M.T.E.(2002). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Bandung: Grasindo.

Boella, M., & Goss-Turner, S. (2005). Human Resources Management in the Hospitality Industry. Great Britain: MPG, Bodmin

Rothwell, W.J. (2005). Career Planning and Succession Management: Developing Your Organization’s Talent—for Today and Tomorrow. Portsmouth: Greenwood Publishing Group.

Santoso, S., & Tjiptono, F. (2001). Riset Pemasaran: Konsep dan Aplikasi dengan SPSS. Jakarta: PT. Elex Media Komputindo.

Siagian, S.P. (2008). Teori Motivasi dan Aplikasinya. Jakarta: PT. Grasindo.

Sugiyono. (2005). Metode Penelitian Administrasi. Bandung : Alfabeta CV.

Sugiyono.(2011). Metode Penelitian Administrasi. Bandung: Alfabeta CV.

Sugiyono.(2012). Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif Kualitatif dan R&D. Bandung: Alfabeta CV.


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Jurnal Barista telah terindeks di: